Saturday, February 18, 2012

Vulnerable

I sit in my studio today, anxiously awaiting to hear from  Mercer County College if my art has been accepted into the yearly juried show. I have entered many times. I do hope this year is my lucky year. But with over 200 submissions my chances are minimal. I think if I am pessimistic, I will not be let down. Wow, this is something I must have learned as a child. My mom said this often. But with being rejected many times, it is a great possibility it will again be my outcome. The sale I thought I made through Fine Art America was a hoax. Seriously Sarah Lockwood, you expect me to accept your check for 2000. and give you back 1820. for the painting that would cost 180.? I am vulnerable and gullible, but not quite that much of an idiot.

But today I am painting again.  I am determined to keep up my art, and a scam and rejection will not keep me from my craft. Today's painting is 2 palm trees swaying in the gentle tropic. I guess I am looking forward to our trip to Florida in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment