Monday, February 20, 2012

Juried Show

As I expected, my art was not accepted in the Mercer County Artists juried show. 286 entries and only 70 or so accepted so only 1 out of 4 made it into this show. There was some amazing pieces accepted as well as some beautiful pieces of art that did not make it. So, I should not be too dismayed by another rejection. After being a juror on the ETS Chauncey art exhibits, I am full aware of the process and how many talented artists are rejected. I paint for my own satisfaction, sanity, enjoyment and learning.

#7 Two Palms


Painting #7 is the Palm trees I photographed in Florida last year in the Keys. This was from out day on the beach at a state park. I took some liberty and added the small amt of turquoise waters that is peeping through on the coral beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment