Wednesday, June 6, 2012

It is almost summer!

My blogging has almost stopped, I have been out of commission. Thankfully the painting continues. After the lovely trip to Clearwater florida, I did finally complete my tea and fruit still life. 



This is Painting # 13. I gave the teapot to my sister for her birthday. Unfortunately she told me it already broke. I guess I could gift her the painting. She has several originals hanging in her home. I think this would look nice near her teapot collection. I enjoyed painting this. Not sure about the composition but I think it works ok. The mom of one of my sons friend bought a print of this from FineARTamerica and has it hanging in her dining room along with my Chystal rose painting print.


This is painting no 14. It is from a photo I took in Tampa Bay area. We went on a dinner cruise on the Clearwater bay and the view of the High rise buildings with the stormy sunset was quite spectacular.


I did this while on vacation- so it really was more like the 12th pc. But  I will call it #15. I did this sketch while sunning at the pool. I had a few spectators while painting and one woman "Helen" became our drinking friend one evening, along with her husband. Helen and I exchanged emails and she eventually purchased the Frenchys Fish House painting.


This is the 16th painting I did this year. 
It is the Abbot house from Vets park and I did it for the NJ Historical exhibit. I entered it into the NJ watercolor society show and sale as well. Now what do I do with it?


This is the 17th painting I did this year. It was a bit different for me. Much larger than my usual size. 24x18 inches and is from a clipping on a historical blog about White city lake. I find this all very interesting.  Tom Glover blogs about it http://glover320.blogspot.com/search/label/WHITE%20CITY
I entered this into the TAWA show called Trenton Makes. I am hoping it gets accepted. It took longer than my usual weekend painting. I enjoyed doing the figures and felt lost in time. The area where this park once stood is just a nature area with paths and lake. It is beautiful and time seems to have stood still and gone backwards. 

This is the 18th painting. I did this a few weeks ago from one of the shots I took in Bayville at the cove down the street from our home. It is sunrise and still is one of the most beautiful areas I have in my surroundings. 





No comments:

Post a Comment